“Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there's no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.”
-Elizabeth "Lizzie" Janemarie Nefertiti Alexandrina Moreno De La Torre Bowes-Lyons is the oldest child and daughter between Asher Moreno De La Torre and Thomas Bowes-Lyons, and the older twin sister to James. She is the older sister to Charles, Serah, Ryder, and triplets Thomas Jr., Cleo and Asher Bella. And the half-sister to Julian, Jeremy, Jean-Louise, Harper and Rosebella.
Early Life Edit
Appearance EditLizzie's physical traits are never explicitly described, she is consistently drawn as fairly tall and slim, with black hair reaching her shoulders. Her eye color is blue-green, but is known to be different to Klaus's. Her eyes also seem to be fairly small in comparison to other characters.
While all three Moreno-Lyons-Buchanan siblings are described as pleasant-looking, Lizzie is described throughout as particularly attractive; she has been referred to as 'pretty' at various times, with this occasionally being substituted with words such as 'attractive' or 'lovely'.
Lizzie is an intelligent inventor whose wits and skills have saved her and her siblings countless times from death. Anyone who knew Lizzie well could tell she was thinking hard, because her long hair was tied up in a ribbon to keep it out of her eyes. Lizzie had a real knack for inventing and building strange devices, so her brain was often filled with images of pulleys, levers, and gears, and she never wanted to be distracted by something as trivial as her hair, allowing her to keep focus.
Lizzie is possibly the greatest inventor of her time. When Lizzie was five years old, she won her first invention contest with an automatic rolling pin, which she made using a window shade and six pairs of roller skates. The judge praised Lizzie, saying she could invent anything with both her hands tied behind her back. She liked to visit the Verne Invention Museum and its many exhibits, including one of the mechanical demonstrations that inspired her to be an inventor when she was just two years old. Lizzie once invented a device to soothe her sister's teething pains. Her favorite inventor is Nikola Tesla.
She risks her own safety and well-being to help her siblings and honor the promise she made her parents to always keep her siblings away from harm. This promise is always mentioned in all books. Lizzie can be stern and have an attitude at times, especially when angered. Similar to her mother and grandmother. Lizzie is possibly the cleverest of the three children. Jamie is far more open and brash with his actions, but Lizzie often works in secret or tries to manipulate a situation to her advantage.
Lizzie is unique in that she is stereotypically unfeminine. It is mentioned that Lizzie hates the color pink; ironically, despite her dislike of pink, Julian Lobo Fernandes has drawn Lizzie with pink hair ribbons. She rejects feminine toys such as dolls, preferring a model train to tinker with for engineering. James defends his sister and argues for a more expansive view of feminine activities: "My sister is a nice girl... and she knows how to do all sorts of things." Lizzie is also a poor cook, and only knows how to make toast - sometimes, she even burns the toast.
Witch Powers Edit
Magic: User has access to Magic, the use of rituals, symbols, actions, gestures and language to exploit supernatural forces to varying degrees, with only their skill, personal power-level, imagination/knowledge, and/or morality to define the borders. Given the flexibility of magic, its users have essentially unlimited possibilities for what to do.
- Potion Creation: User can create potions: substances with magical properties such as enhancing physical and mental abilities, healing, granting powers, chancing shape, or bewitching someone depending on the kind of potion that is made.
- Spell Casting: User can cast spells, an action that allows one to magically alter reality to varying extents. It is often a series of words that take effect when spoken, though others are able to cast spells merely by thinking, with gestures, with magical objects or through a ritual of some sort.
Fertility Inducement: User is able to increase fertility, the natural capability of growth and reproduction. In animals this increases both the number and health of offspring's, and gives the parents, in plants in increases the fertility in soil causing healthy botanical growth.
- Earth Manipulation - the soils are dependent on its fertility.
- Plant Growth - induce plant growth base on fertile soil.
- Hormone Manipulation - manipulation of reproductive hormones in a cell.
Light Manipulation: The user can create, shape and manipulate visible light, commonly referred to as light, is electromagnetic radiation that is visible to the human eye, and is responsible for the sense of sight.
- Light Magic: The user is able perform a legendary form of magic that allow the user to cast magical spells feats through light.
Emotion Manipulation: User can sense and manipulate the emotions, including feelings, moods and their affects, of themselves, people, animals and other creatures, whether by increasing, decreasing, causing or otherwise channeling emotions, even manifesting the emotional energy to physical level.
- Emotion Magic: The user is capable of magic based in some kind of emotion, including its augmentation, elimination, and other manipulations.
- Emotion Empowerment: Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. by emotions of oneself and others, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the emotions or even slow or stop aging.
- Social Cloaking: The user can instantly assimilate into any society or social group, subconsciously nullifying the ability/need of others to recognize user as nothing else than part of the group/social structure they place themselves. They could walk into a restaurant and immediately assume a position of waiter, or go into a crime organization and assume a the role of domestic servant. The user can feel the general emotions of a society or group of people by having an internal social mirror.
Empathy: The user can fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others without reading apparent symptoms, allowing them to understand introverts or discover one emotion is actually hiding another. They can attack someone in a personal and emotional way since they know exactly what emotion is flowing through themselves and can use this knowledge to play against them. Some users may learn to read emotional imprints left into environment or objects.
- Lie Detection - Empaths can sense when a person is lying to them, as lying can cause an irregularity in one's emotions. More skilled users can pick out the lie and find the truth.
- Empathic Illusion Casting - Empaths can create illusions based on certain emotions.
- Empathic Inundation - The user can overwhelm their victims with unwanted sentiments and feelings that have been harboring the victims' conscious. Users also have the capability to force others to experience all their deepest sentiments at once, leaving them susceptible to mental pain, render them unconscious, or cause them to perish and meet their death.
- Psychometry - The user obtains historical memories or sensations concerning beings and objects they can observe. With objects they gain the knowledge including the makers, users, and even those who have on passing used the object, and what has been done with it. With living beings or parts of the body the user learns their general life-history, but doesn't gain anything of what they were thinking or feeling.
- Retrocognition: To discern events of the targets past.
- Ability Learning: To learn skills and abilities from objects or people either temporarily or permanently.
- Enhanced Marksmanship: To learn skills in using guns, bows or long-ranged weapons by gathering previous information and allowing them to aim accurately.
- Knowledge Replication: To replicate the learned knowledge and skills of others.
- Medical Detail: To learn a person's health. This is critical form because a serious health problem, that could be fatal, could go undetected.
- Omnilingualism: Ascertaining the languages of other ethnicity's.
Snow Manipulation: User can create, shape and manipulate snow, precipitation in the form of flakes of crystalline water ice. Because snow is composed of small ice particles, it is a granular material with an open and therefore soft structure, unless subjected to external pressure.
- Avalanche Creation: Has the ability to create/generate avalanches (also called a snowslide or snowslip), which is a rapid flow of snow down a sloping surface. Avalanches are typically triggered in a starting zone from a mechanical failure in the snowpack (slab avalanche) when the forces on the snow exceed its strength but sometimes only with gradually widening (loose snow avalanche).
- Blizzard Creation: User is able to use a combination of cold, winds and snow, sleet, hail, and/or ice to create blizzards of varying power. They can make a snow day at the cost of a natural disaster and disable ground and air traffic for stalling time.
- Burrowing with choice between simply gliding through snow or leaving a tunnel.
- Freezing: The user can reduce the kinetic energy of atoms meaning they effectively make things colder, ranging from slightly chilly levels to absolute zero.
- Frigokinetic Constructs: The user can turn snow into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence. Users who have mastered this ability can use it for almost any situation, creating anything they need.
- Ice Attacks using snow.
- Manipulate the properties of snow.
- Move/lift snow.
- Cryokinetic Surfing using snow.
- Elemental Flight using snow.
- Snow Generation: The user can generate and project snow.
- Her least favorite song is "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," and she especially hates the line about life being but a dream.
- She and her siblings think lavender is a rather sickly color.
- She, like her siblings, is allergic to peppermint. In her case, when she comes into close contact with peppermint, she breaks out into hives. She stated that the only relief from the hives is taking a baking soda bath.
- When asked by Uncle Kieran what her favorite movie is, she replies that it is The Dawn Patrol; the 1938 version. It is a war movie about fighter airplanes, adding to Violet's lack of stereotypical femininity.
- Lizzie and Jamie were both born with a caul.
- Has a talent for drawing and painting, a talent she got from her grandmother, Jeanne.